Bumbo® Baby Seat
August 15, 2012 – Bumbo International Trust is conducting a voluntary recall to add a restraint belt and new warnings to the Bumbo® Baby Seat. Infants can manoeuvre out of or fall from the seat, posing a risk of serious injuries. Working closely with the CPSC, Bumbo has determined that the potential safety issue can be readily corrected in the home by adding a restraint belt. In addition, Bumbo is providing a new warning sticker for consumers to attach to the seat to re-emphasize existing warnings against use of the seat on any raised surfaces.
Consumers should stop using their Bumbo Baby Seats immediately, and complete the order form to obtain a free Repair Kit. The kit includes a belt with a new warning sticker, installation instructions, proper use instructions and a new warning sticker.
There is no need for consumers to return the Bumbo Baby Seats.
Consumers should take the following actions in conjunction with this voluntary recall:
- Install and always use the restraint belt.
- Apply the new warning sticker over the existing warning on the back of the Bumbo Baby Seat.
- Follow all usage instructions and never use the Bumbo Baby Seat on any raised surface.
- Discontinue use of Bumbo seat cover accessories that interfere with installation of the restraint belt.
Follow these 4 Steps to complete the process:
- Determine if your product is included in the voluntary recall – Click here to review.
- View the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) – Click here to read them
- Order your Bumbo Floor Seat Repair Kit- Click here to go to the Order Form
- Install the restraint belt and apply the new Saftey Sticker – View the Installation Instructions